Eclipse Plugin Setup Instructions
STEP 1: Download Eclipse Plugin
STEP 2: Install Eclipse Plug-in
- Requires Eclipse 3.2 (Europa) or later.
- Copy the Eclipse Plug-in jar file into ECLIPSE_INSTALL/plugins/ where ECLIPSE_INSTALL is the location of your eclipse installation.
- Alternatively, you can place the plug-in jar file into your user profile directory for Eclipse. Consult your Eclipse documentation for more information.
- Restart Eclipse
STEP 3: Import CheckThread Annotations
- Import the checkthread-annotations.jar file contained in the download into your Java project so you can add annotations to your Java code.
STEP 4: Enable CheckThread
- Click on the CheckThread toggle button at the top of your Eclipse toolbar (see screenshot below).
- CheckThread will run and display results in a console window and error stripe.
- Unclick the toolbar button to clear errors and rerun again.
The following is an Eclipse screenshot showing CheckThread enabled with a sample error being reported.